feel the breeze pick the seashells

Saturday, July 22, 2006

friday and saturday

Chemistry wonderland
FPSP qualifying round
EZSF (BTNR)
all done!

What a busy week. Fortunately there helmsman next week! On the other hand, it saddens me to think that this is the last helmsman week for our IP journey. =(

Friday-
Chemistry wonderland (a chemistry workshop for P5 kids) was great. The children were smart and very responsive. "Repeat after me, red means acidic, blue means alkaline. If lemon turns my litmus paper red, what is lemon?" and they would chant "acidiccc". One interesting thing: I tried getting them to tell me the taste of all the food items which were acidic so that they could generalize for themselves what acidic food generally was. So I asked them, what does lemon taste like? "SOUR!", what does orange taste like "sweet" (I expected them to say sour, orange has always always been a sour fruit to me) What does vinegar taste like? "Disgusting! Yucks. Smelly!! ". Maybe its some kind of generation gap, all the 3 food items are sour to me and I love vinegar =D

I presented for like 40 minutes straight and then we were off to Lt5 for finales. Sadly, there was a miscommunication and all the schools had to leave early, so we gave out the prizes and feedback form. Had a quick look at the returned feedback forms and I am so happy that most of the students remembered my station and what I taught them. Whee. Hard work pays off.

After that rushed to PT for east zone science fair prize presentation, our BTNR forest gap got the gold award! Our ppt, presentation, poster are all super professional. Not forgetting our group members and the subject matter – Forest Gaps, that rocks. =DDDDDD

After prize presentation, rushed off for inv!gorate. Played floorball against V13 and we won them 4-2. it was a good game and our class possessed the ball most of the time. I think our strategy was the winning factor, and of course not forgetting excellent teamwork.

Had a short FPSP meeting after invigorate then I went home.

Saturday-
Just returned from RGS where we had our FPSP qualifying round. FPSP stands for futuristic problem solving programme. The competition is a 2 hour long one where we have to solve a future scene problem using a given 6 step process. I think we did well today and I really really hope we advance to the next stage.
the more Shrek does it the more i p* that i dont u* just to i* Shrek)
-----------------------------
Things left:
Zuo wen (due this friday)
La task (due this thursday) ext to tonight after 8pm.
SIP proposal (due next week)
Lit task (due this friday) ext to Monday

I have a day and a half to complete everything. Weekends should not be working days too!

But first, im off to sleep. 5 hours of sleep everyday is so not enough.

------
random thought. i think i like economics!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment