feel the breeze pick the seashells

Saturday, January 07, 2006

shatec

Dont you think managing a hotel is so exciting? Especially if the hotel has branches all around the world and i can fly around the globe visiting places. Most importantly, when im tired at work, i can just check into a suite and take a nap!

Amazing job, but it would only be that enjoyable if i were the ceo of the hotel or something. Its quite impossible as i cant inherit the hotel and neither would i want to work my way up from serving tables or making beds. Theres another alternative though, i could marry the ceo's son. Thats the joke of Shatec but i seriously dont think its very funny.

Anyway, i thought that the dining etiquette class was really interesting. Shao sheng, xiao xian, chun han and I had to role play fine dining. I must say that I really enjoyed having a guy pull out my seat and being courteous and all. =D

After lunch, all of us headed to the kitchen for a lesson on cooking. It was really a memorable experience. Charissa was my partner and we had to cook roast chicken, spaghetti bolognaise and Indonesian fried rice

After marinating the chicken, I had to put it into a frying pan fill of bubbling oil. As the chicken was slippery and I was worried of causing the oil to splash out, I held on to the chicken carefully with both my hands on either side of it and my fingers below the chicken. I must have been too dizzy with excitement as i forgot about the oil and 3 of my fingers dipped into the hot oil. After being attended to my fingers still hurt a lot and felt like it was on fire. And thus being injured just after 5 minutes of cooking, I spent the rest of the 2 hours of cooking like a handicap with only 7 working fingers. I heard the chef who attended to me saying something like medium rare.

Charissa was so brilliant, she managed to tend to the chicken and spaghetti at the same time by herself when I was away and was still so composed and had the place in order when I was back. If I had to do that by myself, I would probably get so tense that I injure myself too and nothing would be done.

For dinner yesterday night, everybody ate what I cooked for dinner as I had already told my grandmother not to cook the day before. My grandmother was so funny, she said that I was worried of not cooking enough for my family that I added my fingers as extra ingredients. Lol!

I felt so proud of myself for cooking for my family and I constantly reminded them of my sacrifice (burnt finger). =D I guess that’s how egoistic men feel when they are the sole breadwinner in the house. But I still prefer being provided for. =P

So in all this experience was really special and I also saw a different side of all the VIPs. Daniel Ong looked like a chef when he was shifting the pan around the fire while cooking fried rice and everybody looked so different in their apron and hat. Everybody were sweaty and dashed about with pots and pans. Yu fei helped me wash a pan and Summer helped me with my ever falling hat. =D thank you!

Whee. Shatec is my favourite fieldtrip. =DDDDDDDD

0 Comments:

Post a Comment